Saturday, August 27, 2011

Thank you, maraming salamat po, dacal a salamat, mabbalo, muchas gracias, Dios ti ag-ngina.

Monday, August 1, 2011 at 10:44am

Dear Family and Friends,

I resisted joining Facebook or any other social network for the longest time because emails, e groups, and the blogs were enough to keep me busy and abreast of my community of family and friends. My brother Dodo got me going as he was planning early (just the way he is) for Mama's 85th and Papa's 84th birthday bash in Singapore last year. He said, you can limit this to family, so we can share photos and videos, etc.

I relented, and little did I know what was ahead once I joined FB! I found a lot (really!) of family, friends and classmates from long, long ago. (Yes, I am a baby boomer.) Friends of family, friends of friends, classmates of my siblings, a wide web of community from far and near. We are connected because we were once together.

Here is a song I cherish, I'd like to dedicate to you, as a thank you. This is by Florante, an original Pinoy music (OPM), Handog, Offering. With English translation. I see it meant for parents, mentors, helpful friends - aren't we all to one another?

Tatanda at lilipas din ako
Nguni't mayroong awiting
Iiwanan sa inyong ala-ala
Dahil, minsan, tayo'y nagkasama.

"I will grow old and will be gone. but there is a song I will leave for your memories, because there was a time we had been together."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9dFAhYRhuU&feature=share

Thank you, maraming salamat po, dacal a salamat, mabbalo, muchas gracias, Dios ti ag-ngina. God bless you all.
Guia

No comments:

Post a Comment